There is something very powerful about that quote. To be immersed so deeply into a piece of art, choreography, or music: passion at its best.
People obviously perform better when there is passion attached. The incompetent begins passing as a competent; the competent begins passing as a master. The strokes, the steps, the notes all become secondary to the emotion, the feeling, the integrity.
We all need a little bit of integrity in our actions. Our talk shouldn't be just talk, nor should it be some attempt to glorify, or falsify ourselves. Our action should be limited to the act, with the intent of accomplishing the act, for the sake of the act, and not to put up an act.
The remedy? Passion. Passion for what you believe in, passion for what you fight against.
So get out there, love some, hate some, justify killing some. Condemn the condemner, and deny the victim.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Event name: Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends
Event subtitle: I slept with a member of Fall Out Boys and all I got was stupid song titles stuck in my head
Event sub-subtitle: Adagio in B flat for bass clarinet
Whimsy, coming to you 10.10.09.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
This is not a blog post.
So, I've decided that for my next birthday celebration, I will celebrate my half birthday and not my birthday. Reasons why this'll be is because:
- It'll be during midterm season and not second final season!
- I can drink, gamble and eat meat this time!
- It'll be on a Saturday!
- There things that you just can't do in April. (like extreme puddle jumping!)
- It's another excuse to party =D
- and give me gifts =D
What kind of gifts? I'm going to divide into individual and group gifts:
- Ties! (Either wacky or solid coloured (a white one if you got it))
- Dark blue dress shirt (or a dull red)
- Black socks!
- Long shorts!
- "Vintage tees" - will explain in a far off in the future post
- Things I can plant for next summer (Chrysanthemum!)
- Things I can grow in my room
- One of those cheap cars!
- An iPod classic!
- Or a new mac book and the free accompanying iPod classic!
- A realistic way to apply ORB/OGB
I repeat, this is not a blogpost. I will update this later on as I think of new things to want.