Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy birthday me

It was nice spending my birthday studying with people who tolerate me. Would've been better if I got the chance to provoke my new legality, but so be it.

But since I am legal, I get to make this assertion without making too much of an ass out of myself. I believe that one should be drinking to get buzzed, not to get pissed drunk. I mean, sure, there are occasions where getting drunk is understandable, but most of the time, it is just retarded. Whether it be smashing windows and lampshades, or passing out in someone's room and imposing on them, it is just stupid.

I have not actually found my favourite drinks yet. What I've drank most are Taiwanese beers, which are basically piss water. However, drinking a cold one in Taiwan is much much greater than anything I've gotten here. Neil mentioned that beer should be made appropriate to what's available at where you are, I think what you pick should also be appropriate to where you are. Hopefully I'll be able to find a beer that's right for me in Canada soon. If you've got any good suggestions, please tell me. I might have to try out the granville island stuff once I get my hand on some money.

Speaking of money, if anyone can refer me to good jobs/lab-related experiences, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha should've known you'd get a more "official" blog than LJ >_> not it'll be easier to keep up with all your posts! RSS!

you should go to the granville island brewery tour.. at the end they let you sample a whole bunch of their seasonal beers.. I HATE IT but then i never really like beer >_> lots of my friends have better luck with their drinks so you should try too ^^ i think the tour's like $10? maybe $15?